Self Study Products for Paraoptometrists
SELF-STUDY PRODUCTS FOR PARAOPTOMETRICS FROM THE AOA
Continuing education is one of the most important benefits a Paraoptometric Section member can take part in. CE is not only important to paraoptometrics of all certification levels but is also important to new staff or non-certified staff. Most CE is designed to keep optometric staff abreast of the latest developments in patient career advancement. The section provides many opportunities to obtain CE for members and non-members alike, including:
- Self-Study Course for Paraoptometric Certification
- Paraoptometric Education Modules
- CPO Study Guide
BENEFITS OF MOA MEMBERSHIP
- Protecting your license to practice
- Enhancing your scope of practice
- Developing your professional growth through continuing education and leadership opportunities
- Being a source of valuable information so you stay up-to-date
- Access to your Medicare billing and coding questions through the AOA "Ask the Coding Experts"
- Establish professional contacts
- Offering discounts
- Free AOA Membership for Staff
- Leadership opportunities at the state level
- Represent MOA at the House of Delegates at the annual AOA Congress and at AOA committee levels
- Represent MOA at the regional Great Western Council of Optometry (GWCO) Congress
MEMBERSHIP DIRECTORY ONLINE
MOA's Membership Directory lists all MOA members and contact information. Alphabetical and geographic information can be accessed from MOA's website.
AOA's Dr. Locator enables patients to look up a doctor in their area. To browse the Dr. Locator go to www.aoa.org. Click the "Find a Doctor" button and follow the on screen directions. All MOA members are listed, providing you with prestige and public recognition.
- Online membership directory listed alphabetically and by location
- Members Only access
- Legislative information
- Meeting information
- Pertinent links, i.e. The Montana Board of Optometry, regulatory information, AOA, etc.
- Buyers Guide
- Classified ads
- Opportunities Network
LEGISLATIVE & REGULATORY ADVOCACY
- MOA's legislative team forges through Montana's complex political arena to protect and advance their profession
- MOA represents your interests at state regulatory entities such as State Board of Optometry, DPHHS, Department of Labor
- Works with Medicaid and Medicare
- Provides assistance with billing questions, legal issues and third party reimbursement questions
- MOA representative serves on the Regional Carrier Advisory Committee
TWO MEMBERSHIPS IN ONE
Your membership into the MOA also includes membership into AOA, which means representation at state and national levels.
MEMBERS ONLY LISTSERVE & PUBLICATIONS
MOA Member Updates will notify you of the latest updates and deadlines in the optometric profession. The online membership directory provides you with contact information of other MOA members.
A minimum of two major education programs are offered each year.
MOA ANNUAL WINTER EDUCATIONAL SYMPOSIUM
This is an opportunity to obtain needed continuing education credits, socialize with others in your professional field and enjoy some winter recreation.
MOA ANNUAL CONFERENCE & EXPOSITION
This educational conference provides an opportunity to obtain continuing education credits, be informed of the latest optometric products and procedures, visit with vendors about new products on the market today that could benefit your profession and network with colleagues.
Special value registration packages for members at MOA conferences
All MOA courses are Montana State Board approved